This is Betty Blue– she is a good bag, but not perfect. We will get into that later in the gear review section.
First, we have to handle the basics. Usually I check my suitcase. It is free to check a bag (again we will come back to this and many other things). I find it much easier to move through airports when you are light, especially if you have a tight connection. Also, I never have to worry about the overhead space being full. Finally, I generally have something that cannot go through TSA. So I have found it is just so much easier to check a bag.
- Scrubs: If you are lucky…. You have access to scrubs and don’t need to pack those. Often I will bring 2-3 quick dry shirts and wash them in the sink.
- My work fleece
- Stethoscope and printed resources (I am still old school)
- Work shoes (I swear by dedicated work shoes for the ED)
- Yoga Mat
- Running shoes
- 2-3 sets of workout clothes
- Sometimes a suit for lap swims
- Neti-pot/salt (I always regret it if I don’t bring it)
- Toothbrush/toothpaste/dental floss
- My skin care regiment
- Good knife
- Tupperware 1-2
- One small bottle of Gluten-Free Chicago Seasoning
- Tea/Matte and ALWAYS a few bags of “Smooth Moves”
The Cherished carry-on:
- Minimal chargers
- I love my double USB plug
- MacBook Air (more in the gear review)
- Sealable Coffee mug – I love my Hydroflask
- Glasses (sunnies and regular)
- Any meds you need
- Reusable bag shopping bag
Play Clothes are totally dependent on the plans….